Associate Director, BIM/VDC
Job Category: BIM/VDC
Req. Number: ASSOC01284
Posted Date: 2021-04-16
Location: Ogden, UT 2327 Grant Avenue Ogden, UT 84401, USA
The Associate Director, BIM/VDC assists in providing company-wide strategic BIM/VDC guidance, direction and leadership. Develops and establishes Harris as an AECO industry leading firm in process and technology delivery, and works closely with the Director, BIM/VDC to build trust and partnerships with all Harris stakeholders.
Team Talent and Development -
- Work with Human Capital to identify evolving trends in areas of people development, employee retention, and the hiring process.
- Builds and leads a high performing team.
- Coaches and mentors staff.
BIM/VDC Management -
- Develop, Implement and provide on-going management to enterprise BIM/VDC initiatives and implementations.
- Work with leadership to implement and manage power BI BIM/VDC project data dashboards for several groups.
- Keep abreast of upcoming technologies industry standards and best practices.
- Manage specific BIM/Vendors and align vendor services to Harris BIM/VDC strategy.
Development of Standards and Procedures -
- Assist in enforcing rigor and governance on all BIM/VDC enterprise implementations.
- Create frameworks to successfully evolve BIM/VDC processes in specific divisions.
- Procure industry best practices and standards such as COBie, ISO 19650, BS/PAS 1192, N-BIMS-US to advance Harris in BIM/VDC processes.
- Champion PMO process on implementations.
- Increase company-wide pre-fabrication through technology and processes.
Stakeholder Engagement and Expectations -
- Work with internal divisional stakeholders and positively influence collaboration and operational changes where required.
- Work closely with fabrication shops & facilities and field teams to streamline processes and drive operational efficiencies.
- Work with Director - BIM/VDC to effectively start and provide ongoing BRM function to all internal stakeholder groups.
- Where needed, provide strategic leadership on Harris projects, and with Harris project partners and clients.
Business Development and Marketing -
- Externally, work with BD and present to clients and owners.
- Internally, attend client interviews where needed and represent Harris BIM/VDC.
- Work with regional BD departments to support bids and RFP reviews.
- Work with Human Capital to create bespoke BIM/VDC marketing material.
- Attend events & exhibitions and be a key speaker to represent Harris.
- Work with divisional BIM/VDC teams to promote BIM service consulting.
What we're looking for in you
- 5+ years ofexperience in a corporate environment delivering BIM/VDC services
- 10+ years ofknowledge/experience of being a project leader on a mid-size to large Mechanical project
- 8+ years ofknowledge/experience with BIM/VDC workflows and industry standards
- 8+ years ofknowledge/experience with BIM/VDC software related to mechanical building systems
- 8+ years ofknowledge/experience of the building & construction industry
- 8+ years ofstrong understanding of mechanical systems
- 8+ years of knowledge of mechanical building codes
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree preferred in Technology or related
Your life at Harris
As one of the country's leading mechanical contractors, Harris offers you the best of both worlds: the stability, resources and opportunities of a national company, and the team culture, creative spirit and customer loyalty of a local business. If you thrive on variety and new challenges, we want to meet you!
From stadiums to manufacturing facilities, power plants to hospitals, concert halls to classrooms, we handle projects of all sizes and complexity from multiple regional locations across the country.
Visit our Careers Page for details:https://www.harriscompany.com/careers/employee-benefits-at-a-gla
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)