Location: United States
Job Identification: 333
Job Schedule: Full time
- Verifies patient insurance coverage timely utilizing phone or online resources.
- Submit prior authorizations to insurances in timely matter via payer specific portals and vendors
- Ensures all pertinent medical documentation is accurate and present prior to authorization submission.
- Follows up with pending authorizations on a regular basis to obtain the current status or to be informed of any action needed in order to obtain the authorization approval.
- Communicates any authorization denials to the appropriate staff.
- Handles any discrepancies, errors, or omissions of authorization denials and files appeals when necessary for overturn of adverse decision.
- Participates in educational activities and attends regular staff and department meetings.
- Exhibit and manage excellent turn-around time in order to ensure timely authorizations.
- Consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow team members and management.
- Demonstrate flexibility to perform duties wherever volume deems it necessary.
- Collaborate with other departments to assist in obtaining pre-authorizations in a cross functional manner.
- Document activities appropriately in process notes.
- Participates in the Quality Assurance plan.
- Complies with applicable CLIA and HIPAA regulations.
- Stay up to date with SOPS
- Complies with all company and department policies and procedures
- Contributes to a positive work and team culture
- 3-5 years of experience working in medical billing, health insurance or collections with demonstrated results.
- Insurance billing experience is preferred.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent customer service and phone skills.
- Excellent time management, organizational, communication, multitasking and teamwork skills.
- Working knowledge of ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS coding (preferred but no required).
- Ability to successfully navigate between multiple systems throughout the course of the workday this includes but is not limited to billing software, written Standard Operating Procedures and payer portals.
- Preferred authorization experience
Physical & Lifting Requirements
- Lifting Requirements - light work or exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently.
- Physical Requirements - stationary positioning, moving, operating, ascending/descending, communicating and observing.
- Use of equipment and tools necessary to perform essential job functions.
About UsMyriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com .
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender,national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any information not specifically requested on this Employment Application form.