Continuous Improvement Manager
Facility Business Partner for Continuous Improvement overseeing CI vision, strategic planning and implementation of strategy to support overall performance improvement objectives. Advise Plant Leadership on strategic direction. Coach and mentor staff on lean methodology, tools, root-cause analysis and waste reduction to achieve sustainable and continued improvements in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, cost and growth. Coordinate training and development of all team members in understanding and capitalizing on CI methods.
• Leads the continuous improvement process (e.g. behaviors, attitude and culture), working with staff and operations to develop, implement and sustain a continuous improvement program based upon Lean principles that supports meeting plant goals and targets.
• Directs Operator technical training and certification programs through coordination with Training Lead and Operations leadership.
• Leads, supports, and directs the Management Operating System (MOS) for the facility, ensuring effectiveness and consistency among sites within the PCB network.
• Partners closely with corporate Continuous Improvement leadership to share best practices and report performance.
• Stays current on trends and evidence-based best practices within the continuous improvement field.
• Leads plant cost-out efforts through formulation of a multi-year strategic plan for waste reduction and cost improvement.
• Leads, identifies and defines scope of continuous improvement planning and activities working closely with the plant Engineering and Operations teams.
• Primary owner of key metrics, technical communication, and measurement systems within the plant.
• Easily identifies opportunities and works closely with technical resources to help drive efficiencies and best practices.
• Teaches and models root cause analysis, problem solving, actions to prevent recurrence, standard work and follow-up. Viewed as an expert in these areas and speaks with authority and confidence when engaging others.
• Serves as a change agent who challenges existing processes that create waste and non-value added work.
• Coaches, guides and/or leads cross-functional teams to achieve resolution of assigned projects.
• Leads focused efforts aimed at breakthrough and incremental improvements in process, department and/or line-specific opportunities that meet and exceed plant operational performance metrics.
• Monitors data and metrics to identify areas of waste and prioritize the development and implementation of solutions.
• Teaches and models tools and concepts of Lean Thinking and Six Sigma, facilitates kaizen events
• Provides appropriate documentation and project update communication to Operations leadership.
• Share best practices and build relationships with CI resources at all PCB facilities.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Deep understanding of Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement methodologies and ability to teach and model them.
• Must have strong analytical and business judgment including demonstrated problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills.
• Ability to influence, mentor and coach to get results through others.
• Results driven for being the low cost producer and supporting company growth strategies.
• Have strong bias for action, while proving the ability to inspire others.
• Convey high level of optimism while setting aggressive targets to teams, finding ways to achieve them.
• Communicates a compelling vision and inspired sense of purpose. Talks about the possibilities and is optimistic. Creates strong morale and spirit within team.
• Solves highly complex problems and prioritizes actions in a timely manner. Probes all sources for answers and can quickly sense what will help resolve issues.
• Establish clear directions, sets stretching objectives. Lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner and brings out the best in people through leveraging their strengths.
• Speaks candidly and provides constructive feedback in a professional manner.
• Organizes and manages projects; interacts, supports, facilitates and leads multi-functional work teams; leads teams to consensus; strong negotiation skills.
• Able to build strong and diverse relationships across the business groups they partner with. Supports and fosters change.
• Demonstrates a passion for safety. Able to develop and maintain a respectful and safe work environment.
• Preference for candidates who are mobile and able to take on broader assignments for additional development opportunities.
4-year degree in science, engineering, management or related field recommended.
5-10 years combined related work experience in manufacturing environment including a minimum of 3-5 years of successful leadership in executing continuous improvement/Lean Six Sigma efforts and enabling efficiency, effectiveness and tangible financial benefit
Post Holdings and Post Consumer Brands provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.