Detox Intake Coordinator – Part-time
Intake Coordinator- West Jordan UT
Special Care Hospital Management is looking for a personable, result oriented and confident individual to fulfill the role of Intake Coordinator. This position is responsible for the screening and assessment of patients to ensure patient meets service criteria, as well as for developing patient tailored discharge plans for those who have completed treatment.
Title: Intake Coordinator
Location: West Jordan, UT
Schedule: Full-Time M-F
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Screen patients via phone and walk in inquiry, initiating insurance verification, scheduling assessment and intake
- Complete all paperwork clearly, concisely, and in line with policy and procedure.
- Effective communication with hospital staff (physicians, nursing etc) as it pertains to patient assessment, continued stay, and discharge planning.
- Maintain HIPAA
- In facility round and follow up calls on patients daily according to policy and procedure
- Formulate discharge and aftercare plans with patient's involvement
- Reporting of daily census to corporate office
- Perform community outreach telephone calls daily to various agencies
- Completes Bio-psychosocial assessment
- Other related duties as determined by supervisor
Qualifications | Education | Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services with at least a minimum of 2 years of social service and/or clinical service work
- Must have knowledge of addiction and/or dependence
- Substance abuse counselor and/or case manager, previous experience in substance abuse withdrawal, MAT Treatment, or detox is a plus
- Must be a team player that is willing to accept and promote goals with minimal supervision and have the ability to assist and support others
- Ability to identify problems and implement solutions
- Ability to handle stressful situations and interact with others
- Past experience in hospital setting and hospital management preferred
Here is what you can expect from us:
Special Care Hospital Management the National Leader in Medically Managed Withdrawal Stabilization is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable hospital setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical symptoms of withdrawal in a medically supervised environment.
Special Care Hospital Management is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran's status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.