Job Category: Accounting
Req. Number: PAYRO01159
Posted Date: 2020-11-10
Location: Ogden, UT 2327 Grant Avenue Ogden, UT 84401, USA
The purpose of your role as a Payroll Specialist
As a Payroll Specialist, you will perform a wide variety of record keeping and payroll processing activities, including reviewing input in time keeping system, preparing certified payroll, and preparing reports. Although duties normally follow established procedures, responsibilities may include routine, minor corrections to make documents acceptable for processing. Works under general supervision.
- Review time input in digital time keeping system for completeness and accuracy.
- Process weekly union payroll.
- Process biweekly non-union payroll.
- Distribute weekly payroll for union employees.
- Prepare weekly certified payroll and monthly utilization reports.
- Balance payroll in job costing system.
- Prepare monthly union reports.
- Enter union hires and rehires in payroll system.
- Maintain employee files for withholding and direct deposit elections, address changes, travel agreements, etc.
- Manage union wage scales and fringe-deduction calculations.
- Respond to employment verification and other payroll requests.
- Process garnishments.
- File unemployment and withholding tax returns.
- Manage Controlled Insurance Program enrollments and reporting.
What we're looking for in you
- 1+ years of basic understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting procedures/techniques
- 1-2 years of proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- 2+ years of Microsoft Office experience
- Typing, 10-key, and data entry skills
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to efficiently complete tasks and projects while incurring interruptions.
- Associates degree preferred in business or accounting
Your life at Harris
As one of the country's leading mechanical contractors, Harris offers you the best of both worlds: the stability, resources and opportunities of a national company, and the team culture, creative spirit and customer loyalty of a local business. If you thrive on variety and new challenges, we want to meet you!
From stadiums to manufacturing facilities, power plants to hospitals, concert halls to classrooms, we handle projects of all sizes and complexity from multiple regional locations across the country.
Visit our Careers Page for details:https://www.harriscompany.com/careers/employee-benefits-at-a-glance
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)