Job Location: Golden Living - Taylorsville, UT
Position Type: Full Time
Currently hiring Resident Assistants for Full-Time, PM Shift.
You know that feeling you get when you make someone's day a little better? It feels great, right? Well, that feeling is available all day, every day at Golden Living at Taylorsville, a Blue Harbor Senior Living community. We are looking for patient people with great big hearts. Our Resident Assistants (RAs) are known for their compassion, dedication, and commitment to making a positive impact on others. If that sounds like you, we want you to join our team.
Our Resident Assistants provide personalized and outstanding customer service to our residents. But, more than anything, they make sure our residents are happy, well cared for, and engaged in life - all while having a great time.
- Responsible for total care of each resident in your Resident Group for all activities of daily living (ADL's) including but not limited to:
- Toileting assistance and continence care
- Daily grooming such as combing hair, brushing teeth, washing face
- Dressing assistance which may include picking out clothes, ensuring cleanliness
- General monitoring for behavior and safety
- Transferring residents
- Escorting resident to meals and activities
- Assisting with ambulation programs
- Assessing residents for needs (care level increase, nursing assistance)
- Feeding assistance
- Care of resident pets
- Repositioning of residents who may be bed bound
- Monitoring of skin condition
- Orient each new resident in your Resident Group to their new living environment, to you as their assistant, other team members and residents
- Implement all components of personal care described in the Resident Handbook, Care Plan and ADL's for each resident in your Resident Group
- Monitor each resident's ability to perform basic ADLs, life management and social skills and communicate observations and potential difficulties to appropriate team members
- Work individually with each resident to expand the number of ADLs the resident performs themselves
- Interact with each resident in your Resident Group positively and frequently
- Familiarize yourself with layout of property, emergency procedures and incident reporting procedures
- Respond to emergency situations, documenting all incidents, fire alarms and resident emergency calls
- Conduct and document floor and exit checks on all floors four (4) times nightly
- Check for property deficiencies, follow procedure for executing work order request
- Handle all resident questions and concerns in a professional, caring manner
- Participate in all training programs offered by employer
Education and/or Experience Requirements include the following:
- Must be 18 years of age
- Any State required license/certificate for caregivers
- Negative Tuberculosis test (per state requirements)
- Clear background check
We offer a competitive compensation package including:
- Medical, dental, & vision benefits
- 401 (k) with generous company match
- Vacation, Sick & Holidays
We love our residents and our Resident Assistants at Blue Harbor. This is a great opportunity to join a fun, growing company in a role that directly impacts the overall satisfaction of our residents on a daily basis. Prior experience is great, however, if you love making people smile, have a passion to help others, and have a great work ethic, we want to meet you.
Based in Portland, Oregon, Blue Harbor Senior Living is a growing senior living company, currently operating communities across the United States. Blue Harbor's home office provides top-level support services for all of our senior living communities.
Blue Harbor Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer.