We're looking for an experienced Video Coordinator that is highly proficient and passionate about developing and telling stories that resonate with and engage
their target audience while pushing the envelope of how it's told. You'll work closely with partners, athletes, creatives, producers, both internally and externally to collaborate and support the development and execution of original video content across various U.S. Ski & Snowboard platforms. This role will be focused on video shooting and editing of organic and branded content for U.S. Ski & Snowboard, its athletes, and events. This position requires participating in idea creation, video shoots, production meetings, post-production, finding and editing music tracks, sound design, and coloring as well as traveling with the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Team domestically and abroad. You will play a significant role in the evolution of our production capabilities as we continue to push the boundaries in creative and efficient ways to help our athletes and partners reach their goals.
What You'll Do:
Deliver high-quality content to athletes and owned channels on a regular basis
Promote our sports in an authentic and impressive manner
Raise the profile of our athletes through impactful and engaging content
Regularly post-event highlights to our channels
Deliver on-brand and impactful content to partners, athletes and owned channels
Have a deep understanding and love of our sports, athletes and video production with a strong desire to help progress the content department
Manage video projects on budget and on time
Drive high-value content that continues to keep partners, fans and athletes engaged
Maximize content value through thoughtful strategty and deployment
- Develop short form and long form video content to tell compelling, relatable and engaging stories about our athletes, sports, events and partners for social media and TV.
- Travel with teams both nationally and intenationally.
- Advanced level of skiing or snowboarding
- Work with relevant stakeholders (athletes, coaches, creatives, producers, post artists) to develop the edit, taking into account, partner, graphics, sourcing footage, music, athlete involvement and approvals.
- Produce high quality, behind the scenes, event, partner, live and original content on a regular basis.
- Regulary clip and post event and competition highlights to owned social and web channels.
- Execute post-production tasks such as audio editing and color correction.
- Finalize the edit, clearing any relevant footage/music and produce all the relevant deliverables.
- Stay up to date on current editing trends and techniques to enhance storytelling and content performance.
- Help manage and organize projects on media servers and export, compress and reformat video files as needed.
- Create title cards, video thumbnails and other graphics as needed.
- Frequent travel to ski and snowboard events, partner meetings and video shoots around the world as required.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of time
COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE
- A strong reel that showcases a passion for film, our sports, an ability to tell engaging stories, and the technical prowess to craft flawless content.
- 4+ years of experience as an editor for a production company, agency or client-side.
- Exceptional ability to create content that engages fans on social platforms.
- Expertise in the tools of the trade, including (but not limited to) Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Final Cut.
- An editing wizard, turning raw footage into high end products you are proud of.
- Understand the nuances of the ski and snowboard industry, and can entertain our audience and new audiences in a way that's authentic to our sports and athletes.
- Ability to work on both high volume, quick turn around project as well as creative edits.
- Wide range of editorial techniques and styles to build any kind of story, and strong editorial decision-making ability to cut quickly when working with tight timelines.
- Ability to multi-task and wear many hats.
- Willing to learn new skills quickly and put them into action.
- Self-starter and ability to work under pressure in a winter environment without compromising performance or accuracy.
- You know the right equipment for any video task, and can plan accordingly.
- You can operate an array of technical audio and visual equipment, including but not limited to cameras, microphones, and lighting.
- You have creative mind for set dressing, designing and modifying creative environments to best-fit content narratives.
- You are adept at writing and editing project outlines and storyboards, ensuring all communications are delivered appropriately and others understand content vision before production begins.
- Some work on nights, weekends and holidays required.
- Must have valid passport or be able to obtain one for international travel
- Must possess a valid drivers license and have good driving record