VP Business Development
Location: United States
Job Identification: 652
Job Schedule: Full time
Responsible for leading the business development function, the Vice President of Business Development will lead and manage the business development function and be one of the key business builders.
The Vice President for Business Development will develop and effectively manage a robust pipeline of external opportunities. The Vice President will focus on building a pipeline of opportunities with target partners and will structure, negotiate and close deals. The Vice President will also lead other new technology identification opportunities, as well as leading efforts for newly acquired technologies.
The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced, performance-driven, and customer-focused business environment. Nonetheless, the culture is one of collaboration and inclusivity.
• Identify opportunities, structure, negotiate and close deals.
• Work closely with Finance and Legal colleagues to ensure robust partnership models and agreements are constructed.
• Act as a liaison between partners and the scientific team, supporting the Myriad team to implement best practices for business development.
• Adroitly manage existing agreements that the company has entered. The goal will be to ensure objectives are met and value is delivered.
• Identify other new technologies that would be a fit for the Myriad portfolio and negotiate agreements.
• Own and realize the value of new agreements post transaction, demonstrating best-in-class alliance management.
• Minimum of 5 years progressively responsible business development and mergers/acquisitions experience, with oversight of such functions.
• Highly strategic and motivated leader who is comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working with global cross functional teams.
• Proven experience in developing relationships, building presence and earning/commanding respect with C-level executives.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance, or related discipline, and MBA preferred.
• Significant transaction experience in M&A and divestures within a mid/large-scale enterprise; similar experience with a private equity firm or investment bank is desirable.
• Strong command of the M&A processes, including strategic evaluation, negotiation, structuring, due diligence and execution.
• Demonstrated ability to foster a collaborative and partnership-based approach to achieving company objectives.
• Global understanding of business and industry trends, markets, products, technology, customers, and competitors.
• Skilled in negotiating with both internal and external groups.
• Ability to manage multiple, complex and competing priorities with strong organization skills and attention to details capabilities
About UsMyriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com .
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender,national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any information not specifically requested on this Employment Application form.